Latest posts by Russ Ackerman (see all)
- Alarm Companies: Stop Cutting Your Price To Get The Sale. Here’s Why. - November 14, 2019
Why Are Some Alarm Companies Products So Cheap?
Allow me to make a bold statement here. “Some sales people and companies must reduce their price to close the sale because they do not know how to sell.”
Thinking that you must be the cheapest to win the sale is usually a “rookie” mistake made by inexperienced sales people and companies. They have failed to build value in their product and their company so they must lower their price or no one would ever buy from them. They just do not understand sales.
Here are a few tips on how to win the sale without lowering your price.
- Have a pre-planned presentation and stick to it.
- Ask lots of questions to determine what your prospect is looking for and why they are looking for it.
- Build so much value in your company and product that your prospect can’t wait to get it.
- Never quote price until you are pretty sure your prospect is going to say “yes”.
- Know your competition and what their weaknesses are.
- Never mention the name of your competition.
- Very passively remind your prospect that you are better than the competition, then prove it.
- Just before asking for the order pull out your “big guns” and explain to the prospect what separates you from the competition.
About Russ Ackerman and Proven Sales Strategies, LLC
Proven Sales Strategies is a sales consulting company that works with companies in the alarm industry. Sales leaders and consultants from across the United States and Canada attend our sales training seminars to increase their business performance. Our president, Russ Ackerman, began his career in the alarm business with Scott Alarm from 1986-1991. During these years, he personally sold over 3,500 residential and small business alarm systems.
Throughout 33 years in the sales world, Russ has set many national sales records and has won several industry awards, including the prestigious Honeywell Medal of Honor-he was the first individual winner of this award! He is also a noted speaker at various seminars and programs across the country and a contributing editor for Security Sales and Integration Magazine.
For more tips on building your security business, check out Mr. Ackerman’s book, “Security Systems Sales Leadership: Practical & Proven Techniques That Will Unlock Your Teams Potential”. It’s available in paperback on Amazon. Click here to check it out.
Ignite Security Marketing is a dedicated team of industry professionals providing inbound marketing for security companies. Our clients range from SDM 100 corporations to family owned SMB’s, Central Stations and Guard Companies nationwide.